- Electrically powered
- Suitable for investment
- Suitable for country house
For Sale Plot for development, Tinos Chora, 420 sq.m., Feautures: For Investment, For tourist use, In City plans, Distance from: Seaside (m): 100, Price: 250.000€
Zirogiannis Real Estate, Τel: 2106666690, www.zirogianni.gr
Property price history
|Date||Status||Change of price||Property price|
|16/03/2020||Initial entry||-||€ 250.000|
Map and points of interest
Location / Property Neighborhood
The Municipality of Tinos belongs to the Cyclades Prefecture of the South Aegean Region and includes the island of Tinos and its neighboring islets. The Municipality was created by the consolidation of the former municipalities of Tinos, Exomvourgo and Panormos, according to the Kallikratis Program.
The Municipality has an area of 194.59km2 and a population of 8,636 inhabitants, based on the latest census of 2011.
The seat of the Municipality of Tinos is the city of Tinos and the historic seat of Panormos.
The island of Tinos is located between Andros and Mykonos. According to her tradition her name comes from the first inhabitant of Tinos. It had other names in ancient times, such as Hydrusa, Ofiousa, but also Agathoussa and Aeolos Residence due to the heavy winds. Protector of Tinos was Poseidon who was worshiped as a great doctor.
The island was first inhabited, according to the findings, during the Neolithic and Early Cycladic era. In the 6th century BC, the island was under the domination of Eretria and then by the Athenians. It was conquered by the Persians, who forced them to fight against the Greeks. At the appropriate time, the Tiakians were in favor of the Greeks and fought bravely. Later he was conquered by the Romans. In the 5th century Tinos was influenced by Christianity and began building the churches. After the capture by the Venetians, Tinos was given to the Gizy family until 1390 under the jurisdiction of the Grand Duchy. Although the other Cycladic islands were conquered by the Ottomans in 1566, Tinos remained under Venetians until 1715. Even in the years of the Ottoman conquest, the Turks retained the privileges of the island from the previous rulers.
Today Tinos is connected with the church of Panagia, which is one of the most important religious centers of the country and a great place of pilgrimage. The church of Panagia is a masterpiece of Cycladic architecture. It was built in 1823, following a vision that the nun Pelagia saw that at this point there is a picture of the Virgin Mary. Indeed, at the point where the miraculous icon was found, the temple was erected. Below the church of the Virgin Mary, which is celebrated with great grandeur on August 15th, there is the Temple of Finding, built on the foundations of the early Christian church, dedicated to St. John. And this church was built at the site of the ancient sanctuary of Dionysus.
A great example of the folk art of the island is the hundreds of Peristeronas scattered on the island and no one likes the other.
In Tinos there is also the universal element, since a large part of the inhabitants embraced Catholicism from the years of Venetian domination.
The island has very nice beaches, such as Panormos, Kolimbithra. In the summer the island receives many visitors, who stay in the dozens of hotels that operate.