- Electrically powered
- Suitable for investment
- Suitable for country house
For Sale Plot, Patmos, 7000 sq.m., Feautures: On Corner, For development, With authorisation of building, View: Sea view, Distance from: Seaside (m): 50, Price: 150.000€
Zirogiannis Real Estate, Τel: 2106666690, http://www.zirogianni.gr
Property price history
|Date||Status||Change of price||Property price|
|02/11/2011||Initial entry||-||€ 150.000|
Map and points of interest
Location / Property Neighborhood
The Municipality of Patmos belongs to the Prefecture of the Dodecanese of the South Aegean Region and includes the island of Patmos island of Arki and the surrounding islets. Patmos, the holy island of Christianity, is the northernmost island of the Dodecanese and is situated between Ikaria and Leros.
The Municipality has an area of 45,0 km2 and a population of 3,047 inhabitants, based on the latest census of 2011.
The seat of Patmos is Patmos.
The strongest image of the island of Patmos is the imposing and medieval monastery of Agios Ioannis the Theologian, which dominates the top of the hill above the harbor.
Patriarchs and Dorians lived in Patmos. The Romans used the island as a place of exile. In 95 AD emperor Domitian exiled to Patmos Saint John the Evangelist, the so-called Theologos, who taught Christianity to Ephesus. On the island, Saint John practiced in a cave for two years and wrote the Apocalypse here, dictating to his student Prochorus. In the course of Patmos it became a pilgrimage place. For years the island was abandoned due to pirates' raids. In 1088, Saint Christodoulos, with the support of the Byzantine Emperor Alexios I Komninos, built the monastery of St. John. Decades later, where the island belonged to the monastery, were given permits and houses were built around its walls. So, slowly, Chora was created. In 1207 Patmos was conquered by the Venetians, who gave full freedom to the monastery. In 1537 the island occupied the Turks and, apart from a period of independence, remained for centuries conquerors until 1912, taken over by the Italians. Patmos, like the rest of the Dodecanese, joined with Greece in 1948. In 1713 Patmiada School was founded, where the center of Constantinople, scholars of the genus were preparing teachers who went to the undercrossing parts of Greece, created schools of Greek letters and had a distant in order to awaken the spirit of the Greeks in order to rise for the gain of freedom. Nowadays in the buildings of the School there is an ecclesiastical school.
Apart from the monastery of Agios Ioannis in Chora, which also has a magnificent library with thousands of books, many of which rarely attract visitors to the island is the monastery built in the 17th century around the cave of the Apocalypse.
Patmos in recent years, besides the faithful who attracts for pilgrimage, is visited by thousands of tourists during the summer months. It has beautiful picturesque villages and excellent beaches such as Kalikatzos, Diakofti, Psili Ammos etc.