- Electrically powered
- Suitable for investment
- Suitable for country house
For Sale Plot out of City plans, Lefkada Chora, 2045 sq.m., Feautures: For development, Sloping, View: Sea view, Out of City plans, For Homes development, Distance from: Seaside (m): 5300, City (m): 38700, Price: 180.000€
Zirogiannis Real Estate, Τel: 2106666690, http://www.zirogianni.gr
Property price history
|Date||Status||Change of price||Property price|
|07/05/2019||Initial entry||-||€ 180.000|
Map and points of interest
Location / Property Neighborhood
The Municipality of Lefkada belongs to the Prefecture of Lefkada and includes the islands of Lefkada, Kalamos, Kastos, as well as their nearby islets. Its current form is due to the consolidation of the former municipalities of Lefkada, Ellomenos, Apollonias, Karyas and Sfakians, as well as the Kalamos and Kastos communities, according to the Kallikratis program.
The Municipality has an area of 335,8 km2 and a population of 22,652 inhabitants, based on the latest census of 2011.
The headquarters of the Municipality of Lefkada are the city of Lefkada.
The name of the island is derived from the white rocks that are perpendicular to the west coast. Lefkada until the 7th century BC was a peninsula of western Greece until the Corinthian settlers dug a canal and divided it. Today the island joins with Sterea Hellas with a floating bridge.
Lefkada was first inhabited in the Neolithic era. It was captured by the Macedonians, king Pyrros of Epirus, the Romans and the Franks followed. Because of its proximity to the coasts of Western Greece, Lefkada is one of the Ionian islands that were conquered by the Turks. From 1815 to 1864 when the Ionian islands were incorporated with Greece, the island was under British occupation.
Close to the bridge connecting the island with the rest of Greece, there are the ruins of the Castle of Agia Mavra, built by the Orsinos and repaired by the Venetians and the Turks.
The town was rebuilt after the earthquake of 1953, but fortunately, the enceladus was able to withstand important churches, Minas, Agios Dimitrios (17th-18th century), Ag. Ioannis Antzousis, built by Dandzou in the 14th century and Pantokrator. The architecture of these churches is in a baroque style. The main road of the city has taken the name of the German archaeologist Derpfeld, who made important excavations in the early 20th century.
Important beaches of the island are Porto Katsiki and Egremni, which are considered among the best in the Mediterranean.
The most important tourist center of Lefkada is Nydri. Opposite the islands of Sparta, Helonaki and the world-renowned Scorpio, which belonged to the Onassis family, until 2012 was sold to Russian mogul Ribolovlev.