- Safety door
- Air conditioning
- Double glazing
- Internal stairway
- Mesh panel
- Fire detection system
- Structured wiring
- High ceiling
- Plaster roof
- From side to side
- Solar Water Heater
- Storage room
- Satellite dish
- Folding rails
- Large balcony
- Access for disabled
- No sharing
- Night current
- Pets allowed
- Landlord's terrace
- For commercial use
- Suitable for investment
For Sale Building, Lamia, 1.040 sq.m., Ground Floor: 300 sq.m., Underground Floor: 3000 sq.m., 3 Levels, Ground floor Floor, ]1 WC, Floors: Tiles, Dours: Aluminum, Building Year: 1995, Status: Good, Feautures: Inner stairs, Balconies, For Investment, Airy, On Frontage, Bright, Price: 400.000€
Zirogiannis Real Estate, Τel: 2106666690, http://www.zirogianni.gr
Property price history
|Date||Status||Change of price||Property price|
|05/12/2019||Initial entry||-||€ 400.000|
Map and points of interest
Location / Property Neighborhood
The Municipality of Lamia or Lamieon belongs to the Prefecture of Fthiotida of the Region of Sterea Ellada and its present form is due to the consolidation of the former Lamieon, Gorgopotamos, Lianokladiou, Ypati and Pavliani communities, according to the Kallikratis Program.
The Municipality has an area of 947 km2 and a population of 75,315, based on the latest census of 2011.
The seat of the Lamia Municipality is Lamia with its medieval castle built on the highest point of the city on a rocky hill. Lamia is also the capital of the Regional Unity of Fthiotida.
According to myths, the name Lamia came from Lamos, son of Hercules and Omphalis, who, as it is believed, built the city. Another version says that the city was named after Lamia, the daughter of Poseidon and the queen of the Trachinians. In the 8th or 9th century it took the name Zitouni, coming from the Turkish word Zeytinpos which means olive and was named until 1832.
In 1393 Lamia was conquered by the Turks and was liberated in 1406 by the Byzantines. It was re-occupied by the Turks in 1414 and a few years later the Byzantines, with their Venetians, re-regained it, until 1446, when it reintroduced the rule of the Turks for the next 400 years.
In 1821 the Greek attacks were repelled and the city joined the Greek state in 1833 with a treaty signed by the two countries, and then it was once again renamed its ancient name, Lamia. On April 2, 1833, the inhabitants of Lamia celebrate the first free Easter. At the end of December of the same year, the Municipality of Lamia was founded and consisted of 16 small villages. Also in 1833, the first court was established, the "Provincial Petitions Court of Zitouni" and the Metropolis of Fthiotida with the seat of the city of Lamia, while most Ottoman residents departed from the city to the Thessalian cities and those who remained baptized and usually took the name "Neofoitites ".
In April 1941 and in particular on the 18th of Friday, the city was bombarded by German airplanes. Until 1944, the city was under German rule, with public services under-exploited, poor, and executed by the conquerors.
On November 25, 1942, the battle of Gorgopotamos, a tributary of the Spercheios River, was held, during which the rebels of the EDES organizations, led by Napoleon Zerva and ELAS, led by Aris Velouchiotis, blew up the Gorgopotamos bridge with the aim of neutralizing and harassing it heavy armed guards from 100 Italians and 5 Germans. The result of the attack was the destruction and non-operation of the bridge and the death of about 20 to 30 soldiers of the guard, while of the 150 rebels who took part in the attack, only four were injured. A few days later, at the site of the damaged bridge, 9 Greeks were executed in retaliation. The blasting of the Gorgopotamos Bridge is one of the most important Greek acts of resistance during the Second World War. On 18 October 1944 and after 3,5 years of slavery, the city was liberated by the Germans.
In the capital of the municipality, the city of Lamia, dominates its Byzantine castle. It is located at an altitude of about 180 meters and was built in the 5th century AD. It stands in good condition and is available to visitors.
In Ypati there are the thermal baths of the area, where their waters after a major seismic vibration in 427 BC. surfaced. Figures show how the sources have been used since ancient times. In the reservoir of the spring are placed stones in such a series that create stairs, while in one of them is engraved the name Aphrodite which shows that it was dedicated to the goddess of beauty, love and childhood, Aphrodite.
In the municipality of Lamia is also the historic Thermopylae. This is where the Battle of Thermopylae took place in 480 BC, where 300 Spartans and 700 Thespians fought at the side of the Spartan king Leonidas against the thousands of Persians and their king Xerxes A. Plutarch in the work of the "Laureans," says that before the battle, the Persians asked King Leonidas for submission, and he replied with the historical phrase "Molon Lavé" (come on) that is used up to this day. For two days the Greeks repelled the Persians and defeated the battle with few losses compared to the Persians, but on the third day and while the Greeks continued to repel the Persians, the Nightmare, fighting alongside Leonidas and having been in history as a traitor's model, visited Xerxes and suggested a path from which he could encircle the Greeks. The following day the Persians had encircled the Greeks, and when they understood it, they raked their weapons and were able to alert the rest. Most suggested retreat, but King Leonidas decided to stay and fight with the 300 Spartans side by side. The rest of the Greeks retreated and with Leonidas the 300 Spartans remained, Demigilos with 700 Thespians and 400 Thebans. The two brothers of Xerxes, Avrokomis and Hyperanthis were killed in the battle, and later Leonidas was killed. Then a fierce battle began around the corpse of the dead King in which the Greeks defeated. Later, Xerxes sent other forces, and all the Greeks, except the Thebes, retreated behind the wall. The Thebes were surrendered and the Persian king stamped them with the royal mark. When Xerxes found the body of King Leonidas ordered to decapitate it, and his relics allowed him to Sparta 40 years later, where annual struggles were held in his honor.
At the central gate of Thermopylae, where the final phase of the battle, as shown by the 5th-century iron and bronze spears found at the foot, a monument was erected in memory of the historical battle. The monument was built in the 1950s and represents the king of Sparta Leonidas.
The name Thermopylae came from the springs with hot water near the area and the three narrow streams that exist "the gates". It is said that the name was given by the mythical hero Hercules, who dove to the waters of the springs to escape from the pains created by the tunic of Centaurus Nessus, which was poisoned and stuck in his body. The springs were dedicated to Hercules and in the area there was an altar and sanctuary dedicated to him.
Lamia is today a modern city and an important commercial and financial center, as the city is a transport hub and a center of many activities in the area.