- Safety door
- Air conditioning
- Double glazing
- Internal stairway
- Mesh panel
- Fire detection system
- Structured wiring
- High ceiling
- Plaster roof
- From side to side
- Solar Water Heater
- Storage room
- Satellite dish
- Folding rails
- Large balcony
- Access for disabled
- Night current
- Pets allowed
- For commercial use
- Suitable for country house
- Suitable for investment
For Sale Detached house, Chalkida, 70 sq.m., In plot 500 sq.m., 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bathrooms, 1 Fireplace(s), 1 parking, Building Year: 1960, Feautures: Storage room, Cottage, Fireplace, Back yard (Garden), View: Sea view, Distance from: Seaside (m): 200, Price: 170.000€
Zirogiannis Real Estate, Τel: 2106666690, http://www.zirogianni.gr
Property price history
|Date||Status||Change of price||Property price|
|11/02/2013||Initial entry||-||€ 170.000|
Map and points of interest
Location / Property Neighborhood
The Municipality of Chalkida belongs to the Prefecture of Evia in the Region of Sterea Ellada and its present form is due to the consolidation of the former municipalities of Anthidonos, Lilanton, Avlidos, Nea Artakis and Halkidene, according to the Kallikratis Program.
The municipality has an area of 412,38km2 and a population of 102,223 inhabitants, according to the latest census of 2011.
The headquarters of the Municipality of Chalkida are the city of Chalkida.
Chalkida is the capital of the Prefecture of Evia and its peculiarity is that a part of the city belongs to the island of Evia and the other in the Prefecture of Viotia. These two sides are joined by the bridge of Euripus. The bridge of Euripus has a long history. There is a reference from the 5th century BC. The modern bridge, about 42 meters in length, was inaugurated in 1858, and in 1963 it was turned into a drawer in order to pass underneath the ships. From this bridge one can observe the change of direction of waters or muddy waters, as they are said, every six hours. In 1993, another bridge was inaugurated, which again connects Boeotia with Evia. The High Bridge of Evripos or the New Bridge of Chalkida is cabled and has a length of 694.5 meters.
Historically, due to its geographical location, Halkida played an important role. It was one of the two cities - the other was Eretria - who fought for years for the sovereignty of the island. In the 7th century BC Halkida had a great deal of power and development, so it sent settlers to Chalkidiki (the peninsula of Macedonia took its name from the city of Evia), Italy and Sicily. Although he experienced new acne after the destruction of Eretria by the Persians, Halkis conquered the Athenians, then the Macedonians and followed the Romans in 146 BC. The years of Byzantium, and especially Emperor Justinian, fortified Halkida, and so did the Franks in 1205. The above and its later conquerors, the Venetians in 1258 and the Turks from 1470 to 1833 will keep the fortification. Of these forts, today none has been preserved. The only monument that has been saved is the lions of St. Mark, which the Venetians had placed in the fortress, and exhibited in the museum.
The only fortress that survives in Chalkida is from the period of Ottoman domination, the castle of Karababa, located on the side of Viotia.
In the area of Halkida, an important monument is the church of Agia Paraskevi, an Early Christian Basilica of the 5th or 6th century AD. In this particular case, the Franks added their own architectural details. The Turkish mosque is also preserved.
Chalkida is a very lively city with a lively life and economic hub. Industrial units are also close to Chalkida.